Otak | Communications Coordinator/Copywriter
This job post has expired
Otak is hiring for a Communications Coordinator/Copywriter! Are you a creative wordsmith, an artist at translating others’ thoughts and ideas into print? Otak doesn’t sell products, we do projects that make our communities better! If you have a curiosity to understand how architects, planners, and engineers shape our communities and make them work and want to write about that, then we have a position for you. As a member of a small but growing creative services team at Otak, you will seek creative ways to communicate to our staff and connect us to our clients while maintaining consistency with Otak’s brand voice. You will work closely with the marketing and business development team to use our website, social media, and intranet to tell the world what Otak is doing. You’ll be part of a core team whose mission is to attract the best candidate and win the best work that helps Otak grow! This position may be based out of our Oregon, Washington, or Colorado office.
What you’ll do:
• Write clear, clean, concise, and engaging copy across multiple mediums, including internal and external newsletters, campaign collateral and messaging for both social and web, blog posts, web pages, case studies/thought leadership, video content and more.
• Manage the social media calendar, optimizing post frequency and variety to meet multiple objectives.
• Collaborate with marketing and technical teams to develop digital and social media content strategies that enhance the brand presence and overall marketing and recruitment strategy.
• Follow brand guidelines and write in the brand voice in a range of tones from sophisticated and authoritative to warm and playful copy.
• Update website for campaigns, events, and other needs.
What you bring:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, journalism, communications related major, or equivalent job experience.
• 1-3 years professional writing experience (in marketing a plus).
• Excellent writing, editing, grammar, and proofreading skills with the ability to turn complex ideas into simple compelling stories .
• Experience in all forms of print and digital communications content generation.
• Knowledge of various digital marketing platforms and best practices for utilization.
• Collaborate with members across the organization to develop and distribute content.
• Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
At our core, we believe that supporting our communities begins with supporting our employees. No matter what stage you’re at in your career, we have a comprehensive total rewards program to enhance your quality of life, help support your family, and assist you in achieving your personal and professional goals. Otak employees enjoy competitive salaries; no-cost medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; a 401(k)-retirement match that is 100% vested immediately; a flexible office and remote work schedule; Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual based on your industry experience rather than your seniority plus 9 paid holidays per year; a commuter allowance (based on your office location); support for your professional registration and/or certification fees; and much more!
Why work at Otak?
We’re not just looking for skills and experience, having shared values is just as important! When you work at Otak, you aren’t just joining a firm — you’re joining a community. We believe our best work happens in a culture of collaboration and inclusion, where the expertise of diverse individuals can thrive in a foundation of teamwork. The work environment we create is built on a simple concept: working on interesting projects with interesting people. However, we don’t just believe in cultivating our own community; we’re also committed to enriching the communities around us with smart, creative solutions. We know our employees make an investment in us, so we’re committed to making an investment in them. Seasoned experts and young professionals work together to encourage personal growth and skill development at all experience levels. Plus, we’re expanding — and we’re dedicated to developing an internal infrastructure with the strength and talent to support that growth.
Otak employees have a progressive mindset and sustainable community perspective. We encourage our staff to volunteer in their communities by giving them an option to earn extra vacation time for their volunteer hours. Otak combines the best of a small firm mentality with strong collaboration across disciplines with the plentiful opportunities to work on exciting projects offered by a growing firm. We also encourage life balance and foster a fun work environment. Our Northwest sensibilities are reflected in our commitment to sustainability and diversity. And believing that diversity fosters innovation and strengthens our skills, we embrace a culture of inclusion and equity in our company and in our communities.
Otak is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For us, diversity isn’t a box to check, it is woven into our key values. Diversity is the deep, running vein that fosters innovation, strengthens our team, and opens doors. This is why we’re determined to build a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our team embraces each other’s unique perspectives and strives to promote a culture where we all feel a sense of belonging. We understand that when we are able to courageously show up as our fully evolved selves, there is more collaboration, more creative ideas and an increase in capitalizing on our team’s natural talents. If you are a minority, veteran, person with a disability, or a member of the LGBTQA Community, we strongly encourage and welcome you to apply to any open position of interest.