Bonfire Collective | Sr. Paid Media Specialist
This job post has expired
About Bonfire Collective:
Bonfire Collective partners with outdoor brands to help them reimagine the future, build movements, and grow explosively. Our team of brand and story experts develop visionary insights, strategies, content, and marketing campaigns that guide and inspire.
We work exclusively with mission-based and forward-thinking organizations who are positively impacting the future of recreation and conservation. Our clients include national non-profits like the American Alpine Club as well as outdoor brands who are shifting industry paradigms, like Ibex, Alpenglow Expeditions, and Rocky Talkie. We also work with ski areas, conservation organizations, guide services, and other adventure- and experience-driven brands.
Our small team is rock solid. We:
- Play hard. We recharge our creativity by skiing volcanoes, scaling desert towers, and going on long mountain runs.
- Work hard. We relentlessly innovate, execute, and make life better for our clients.
- Care hard. Personally and as a team, we volunteer with conservation nonprofits. We also give to environmental causes as a 1% for the Planet member business.
Summary of Position:
Bonfire Collective is looking for a Senior Digital Media Specialist to join our team in a long-term contract position. We’d like to develop a relationship with someone who loves the outdoors and who’s excited to help our mission-based clients make the most of their small to mid-sized budgets. This role might be ideal for a motivated freelancer who’s looking for an anchor client in the outdoor industry and could evolve into a part-time employee position or someone who is looking to leave the traditional ad agency world for a more flexible and fun position. We do not hire moonlighters.
Reports into: Director of Strategy
Supported by: Director of Media; individual Account Managers
Our Ideal Candidate is…
- Experienced in directly managing and implementing digital media campaigns (5–8 years, advertising agency experience preferred)
- An intelligent, creative, and analytical thinker experienced in writing media strategies and high-level recommendations
- Passionate about the outdoors and environmental causes
- Understands the intersection of paid media channels with owned and earned channels
- Excited to take on the responsibility of developing of end-to-end paid advertising campaign strategy and execution that is client-centric, data-driven, and always evolving
- Platform agnostic, broadly knowledgeable, and current on digital advertising techniques so that you can strategically advise where, when, and how to allocate budget
- An experienced pro with Google Ads and Analytics, Meta Ads Manager, display ads and other platforms to be self-sufficient and expedient in executing and optimizing campaigns
- Bonus points for having traditional (podcasts, print, radio, OOH, etc.) planning & buying experience
- Loves to dive under the hood by performing ad and content audits to make both strategic and tactical recommendations
- Extremely detail-oriented with project work and a master of tracking time on projects
- Open to feedback/direction and consistently awesome with timely project turnarounds
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- OK with occasionally taking on last-minute work and flexible with changes to project priority (we do a pretty good job avoiding this)
- An organized person with strong verbal and written communication skills (we do this for a living and have a high bar)
- Amped about Bonfire’s mission and client base and wants to grow with us (we love what we do, and we’re looking for a team member who will help stoke the fire)
Expected Duties Include…
- Strategy, execution (setting up and trafficking assets), optimizations, and reporting of paid media campaigns across variety of platforms (mainly Meta and Google Ads)
- Maintaining awareness of new marketing platforms and techniques, as well as looking for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques
- Analyzing campaign performance, providing optimization recommendations, implementing approved recommendations
- Communication and meetings with clients as necessary
- Collaborating with Bonfire Account Managers to ensure all deliverables are ready on time and on budget
- Investigating/auditing past campaigns and making recommendations against industry best practices
- Supporting and troubleshooting platform and pixel setups as necessary
- Creating clean, thoughtful, and actionable campaign reports and analyses
- Collaborating on advertising strategies, content strategies, and creative campaigns
- Researching, preparing for, and pitching new business alongside our founder
As a company, we offer tons of flexibility on where, how, and when you work, and this position can be fully remote. However, if you’re located in the Denver–Boulder metro area, there is an opportunity to base out of our amazing office space in downtown Golden, Colorado.
40-80 hours/month anticipated as an independent contractor. Opportunity to increase hours over time.
$50–$80/hour depending on experience, efficiency, and quality of work. Opportunity to increase rate over time.