Alterra Mountain Company | Manager, Mobile Apps & Wearables
This job post has expired
Alterra Mountain Company is a community of 12 iconic year-round destinations, including the world’s largest heli-ski operation. The company owns and operates a range of recreation, hospitality, real-estate development, food and beverage and retail businesses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado with destinations across the continent, we are rooted in the spirit of the mountains and united by a passion for outdoor adventure. Alterra Mountain Company’s family of diverse playgrounds spans five U.S. states and three Canadian provinces: Steamboat and Winter Park Resort in Colorado; Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain and Big Bear Mountain Resort in California; Stratton in Vermont; Snowshoe in West Virginia; Tremblant in Quebec, Blue Mountain in Ontario; Deer Valley in Utah; and CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures in British Columbia. We honor each destination’s unique character and authenticity and celebrate the legendary adventures and enduring memories they bring to everyone.
The Mobile Product Owner will craft unique and delightful mobile app experiences that drive revenue, increase customer engagement and foster irrational brand loyalty. The Mobile Product Owner will be the liaison between various internal and external stakeholders to help define our strategy, write requirements, manage product development and lead destination and end customer roll-out. The Mobile Product Owner is ultimately responsible for Alterra’s mobile app product functionality and usability and ensures product goals and project timelines are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
1. Coordinate with key stakeholders and define product strategy and features for both iOS and Android mobile apps
2. Champion new ideas and mobile app features with stakeholders across Alterra Mountain Company (HQ and resorts)
3. Take an active role and work closely with our internal IT team, vendor partners and resort staff to concept, define and launch product sets in an agile, fast-paced environment
4. Prioritize and document product requirements, user stories and designs for feature enhancements for existing and new application modules while considering the needs of existing customers, competitive market offerings and our overall company strategy.
5. Maintain and groom product backlog ensuring user stories are well formed with acceptance criteria.
6. Communicate and coordinate with constituents on proposed solutions, project status and timeline for delivery.
7. Lead go-to-market efforts with HQ and resort destinations, deliver product training on new feature enhancements or modules
8. Establish, track and communicate KPIs that demonstrate the overall health of Alterra’s mobile app products
Travel details (if required):
COMPETENCIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Proven track record. Passion for building amazing mobile app experiences (iOS & Android) – and have a track record to prove it.
2. Product Owner. Demonstrates the ability to take ideas, define products, and ship features.
3. Customer Focused. Understands customer needs, gather details for initiatives and documents supporting business cases.
4. Results Oriented. Experience in identifying issues, understanding what needs to be done, and working with the appropriate development team to get solutions shipped.
5. Highly Analytical. Uses data to make decisions and is comfortable capturing it individually or working with others.
6. Strong Team Player. The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and the ability to wear multiple hats.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years leading the development and launch of complex mobile-centric products.
- Developing product strategy with a strong aptitude for determining optimal market positioning.
- Managing and working with external partners.
- Mobile apps at a consumer-oriented e-commerce brand.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, smell, and ski. Must be capable of walking or standing 90% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
Equipment Used in Job: Computers, phones, and basic office equipment.
Employment with Alterra Mountain Company “at will” for no definite period of time. The employee may terminate employment at any time without notice or cause, and so too can Alterra Mountain Company terminate employment relationship at any time without notice or cause.
Alterra Mountain Company Is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mountain Company adheres to the U.S. and Canadian labour and employment laws, and where applicable, to any State or Provincial-specific employment regulations.