Amelie Company | Channel Director
This job post has expired
The CHANNEL DIRECTOR ensures client needs are met in terms of communications planning, guiding the paid, earned and owned activities of our clients’ businesses and brands. Known as the lead channel expert, this role bears final responsibility for determining how, when and where we reach our clients’ target audiences: at the right time, in the right channel, with the right message. The Channel Director will oversee planning activities for all channels at the agency, including paid traditional and digital media, social media, branded content, influencer marketing, and tactical, local-market public relations.
This position requires a minimum of 8-10 years in mid to senior-level marketing roles in brand marketing or agency environments, including a demonstration of advanced verbal and written communications skills, strategic and analytical thinking, and knowledge of current marketing/media trends, environments and platforms. Leading a team of channel specialists, the Channel Director must exemplify a positive attitude, empathy, team-building skills and mentoring abilities. A clear understanding of today’s marketing and advertising business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship are essential.
This person is part of the agency senior leadership team, responsible for driving and delivering strategic and thoughtful comprehensive channel communications plans to help grow our clients’ businesses and build their brands. In addition, the Channel Director is also involved in agency business development activities as it relates to concept development, illustrating how/when/where key campaign messages may be brought to life. As appropriate, this person will help draft sample budgets, scopes of work activities and timelines.
Reports to Executive Vice President.
Supervises Channel Team.
• Mentors and manages the channel team, helping to foster team personnel growth potential, transfer/apply learnings, encourage teamwork and develop solutions to problems
• Oversees channel team efforts in the development of all key communications and messaging plans, including specific tactical channel recommendations for traditional and digital media, social media, PR, branded content and influencer marketing
• By leveraging tactical planning briefs, works with team to determine the best place to effectively deliver clients’ messages in line with brand identity and channels
• In concert with strategic planning and creative, ensures targeted key messaging and call(s) to action by leveraging key messaging frameworks and consumer ecosystems/journeys
• Oversees all agency media buying activities, partners and agency best practices
• Fosters client partnership and satisfaction in our channel marketing disciplines, focusing on major accounts and top-tier opportunities
• Leads with research, strategy and planning mindset to be a steward of our clients’ businesses, with the goal of knowing as much as our clients do about their own brands, competitors, opportunities and challenges
• Keeps the agency abreast of new channel tactics, media solutions and innovative technology platforms (and changes to those platforms) that impact channel recommendations and campaign effectiveness
• Oversees campaign measurement including recap reports and actionable findings
• Leads the development and fostering of new media/channel vendor-partner relationships on behalf of agency
• With channel team, conducts agency-vendor contract negotiations and ensures legal and financial compliance
• Works with team to review vendor partner estimates, SOWs and client invoices to ensure proper estimation, billing and profitability
• Formally evaluates performance of channel team, along with other department supervisors, on an annual basis; informally on a monthly / quarterly basis
• Contributes to the development of annual organic growth plans to assess and review strategic account growth opportunities in the channel communications area
• Reviews creative conceptual directions to ensure proposed work is in line with strategy and creative brief
• Plays a key supporting role in new business development efforts with development of sample key messaging channel plans, budgets, SOWs and timelines
• Consults with other internal departments, including strategic planning, creative, account and production, to maintain and grow our clients’ businesses and strengthen the agency-client relationship
• To support agency and client missions, embraces and promotes positive change while squashing negativity
• Helps shape the future of the agency, working together with team to make us stronger and better
• 4-year college degree in journalism, marketing or communications
• 8-10 years of agency and/or client-side brand marketing experience in communications planning, paid traditional and digital media, social media, and/or PR disciplines
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Polished presenter and communicator of detailed channel plans and media strategies
• Positive attitude, sense of entrepreneurship and ability to build relationships
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills