Media Intern: Advertising Agency
The media team at Cactus is responsible for the development and execution of paid and earned media integrated campaigns for our clients. The media intern will be involved in all aspects of campaign planning (strategy), channel research and selection (tactical) as well as execution (placement/buying) and measurement (analytics). S/He will also be asked to engage in internal process meeting as well as attend other work/vendor related events.
• Assist in media planning functions as requested by media planners.
• Conduct research including calls to publication and broadcast vendors for information, obtain media kits, obtain industry specific information from trade associations, etc.
• Compile and interpret media data and statistics for campaign analytics.
• Answer telephone calls, emails, and faxes from media representatives to gather information or field questions, communicate pertinent matters to media buyer or media director.
• Participate in internal, vendor and client meetings as requested by media manager or media director.
• Acquire adequate knowledge and skills with media buying and research software.
This internship is designed for college juniors and seniors. Our internships are unpaid and potential candidates can receive academic course credit from their college/university for program completion. We ask for a minimum of 20 hours per week. Education: College junior, senior or recent grad, some related experience, coursework or club involvement.
Cactus is a full-service brand communications agency providing business solutions for companies and causes through brand strategy, advertising, design, interactive and media services. Cactus has been nationally recognized for its break-through creative executions by The One Show, Communication Arts, The Webby Awards, South by Southwest, Favourite Website Awards, Advertising Age, Creativity and Print's Regional Design Annual.
Interested applicants are required to submit a copy of a current resume and a completed questionnaire in a PDF format. Please email your information to email@example.com and include MEDIA INTERN in the subject line.
We just want to get to know you, that’s all. Please take time to thoughtfully answer the following questions. Remember: Good things, when short, are twice as good.
1. Tell us why you are interested in an advertising career.
2. What is it about Media specifically that interests you?
3. How would you define the role of a Media Specialist?
4. In one paragraph, tell us about a campaign you admire and why it impresses you
5. What do you hope to learn during your internship?
6. What days / times during the week are you available to intern at Cactus? (A minimum of 20 hours a week are required.)
7. Are you interning for school credit and if so, what are the requirements?