Interactive Internship, Cactus
Address: 2128 15th Street
Location: Denver, CO
Application Deadline: April 30, 2012
Position: Part-Time, Unpaid (College Credit)
Timeframe: Summer 2012
Interactive Intern: Advertising Agency
Do you find yourself right clicking on websites to view the source? Are you interested in design and development? Want to take a crack at learning and working at the same time?
We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in all things web and interactive. Our intern needs an eye for detail and can't be scared to get their hands dirty.
Cactus is looking for an interactive intern. This position will assist the rest of the interactive team in day-to-day tasks and production. They will prep assets, assist in testing and even build a few things. The ideal candidate will be a self motivated individual who is willing to try anything and learn. Passion is also important. You may not be an interactive guru and we don't expect you to be, but we want someone who is genuinely interested in the web and creating things for it; apps, microsites, banners, emails, websites and more. Creativity is a must, as you will be helping concept and execute ideas - big and small.
- Website content entry via WordPress and Drupal CMS
- Support development resources with creation or editing of animated banners
- Support producer with project management tasks including scheduling, layout delivery and other administrative tasks
- Support development with simple HTML updates to various websites
- Support design resources with Photoshop file clean up as needed
- Other support tasks as requested
- Intermediate to advanced Photoshop skills
- Intermediate Flash skills (animation)
- Intermediate HTML and CSS skills
- Self motivated and strong interest in interactive and web
Cactus is a full-service brand communications agency providing business solutions for companies and causes through brand strategy, advertising, design, interactive and media services. Cactus has been nationally recognized for its break-through creative executions by The One Show, Communication Arts, The Webby Awards, South by Southwest, Favourite Website Awards, Advertising Age, Creativity and Print's Regional Design Annual.
We just want to get to know you, that’s all. Please take time to thoughtfully answer the following questions. Remember: Good things, when short, are twice as good.
1. Why do you want to be in advertising?
2. Why do you want to intern at Cactus?
3. What experience do you have in the following areas that make you the ideal Cactus intern candidate?
a. Computer competency
b. School courses
d. Deadline/Project management
e. Communication skills
4. Give an example of an ad campaign that you feel successfully delivered the message and reached the intended target?
5. What are your professional goals for the next five years?
6. If your professor could only describe you in three words, what would they be?
7. If your friends could only describe you in three words, what would they be?
8. What department would you like to fulfill your internship in and why? (Account Service, Media, Digital/Interactive, Creative)
9. What days/times during the week are you available to intern at Cactus? (A minimum of 20 hours a week are required)
10. Are you interning for school credit and if so, what are the requirements?
How to Apply:
Interested applicants are required to submit a copy of a current resume and a completed questionnaire (questions provided below). Please email your information to email@example.com and include INTERACTIVE INTERN in the subject line.