Art Director, Brand Communications
The Art Director will be working with a brand that represents some of the best user experience designers in the industry—known for creating award-winning designs, writing industry books/articles, and speaking across the country. Our unique culture and methodologies will help the Art Director influence the evolution of our brand across all channels including internal branding and sales and marketing materials. On occasion you'll work directly with the Director of User Experience, Senior Art Director, and project teams on key client projects where you'll be creating new visual designs for a variety of screens and media.
Candidates must be able to fluidly transition concepts between traditional print collateral and various new media platforms. We’re looking for someone with a sophisticated aesthetic sense, a dedication to design quality, and the foundation and training to create outstanding brand communications. You’ll be joining a group that prides itself on the excellence of everything they do.
Marketing and Sales Support (75% of time)
• Responsible for evolving a consistent brand that exemplifies EffectiveUI’s culture of design excellence.
• Collaborate with the Director of UX to create designs that strategically support the EffectiveUI brand messaging and positioning.
• Work closely with marketing and internal teams to determine project objectives and to develop creative design solutions from concept through to final signoff, production, and delivery.
• Maintain visual consistency across EffectiveUI brand components, such as our online presence, print collateral, advertising (online and offline), trade show booth design, email templates, sales presentations and proposals, direct mail campaigns, landing pages, and promotional items/giveaways.
• Manage print buying, production, and distribution of collateral materials.
• Manage and assist in developing external resources/vendors such as photographers, videographers, illustrators, and printers within the marketplace.
• All other duties as assigned.
Client Support (25% of time)
• Assist with design of interactive projects for clients working closely with project team members to meet client’s needs and deliverables.
• 5+ years work experience (print and interactive).
• Experience collaborating with teams and managing both internal and external clients.
• Solid command of the latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
• Knowledge of the iWork suite (Keynote, Numbers, Pages).
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
• Experience on both client and agency side a plus.
• Ability to code HTML (front end) a plus.
• Knowledge of CSS a plus.
• Desire to learn new things and keep abreast of latest digital news and trends.
• Ability to evaluate complex visual design trade-offs.
• Fundamental understanding of design best practices.
• Self-motivated and driven.
• Performs work in a positive, flexible, and professional manner.
• Strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback on each project.
• Exceptional attention to detail, especially with accuracy of corrections.
• Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, dynamic work environment.
To apply to this position please apply through the careers page on our website directly to our posted Art Director, Brand Communications position at the following link: http://www.effectiveui.com/careers/jobdesc.php?gnk=job&gni=8a42a12b3677d...
You will need to attach your resume, portfolio and cover letter. You can also just indicate a link to your portfolio on either your resume or within your cover letter.